"The Constitution of the ... Episcopal Church ... was approved by the ... Diocese, October 1, 1790; but was not adopted by the several Parishes, so as to organize a Convention under it, until 1792. There had been one or more Conventions ... of the Clergy annually, from 1783 onward, but no Journals are known to have been printed, until 1792. All records of these, previous to June 1790, are supposed to be lost. From that year ... they are nearly complete"--T.p. verso of: The Journals of annual conventions of the Diocese of Connecticut from 1792--1820. New Haven, 1842.